Friday, November 9, 2012

Cutting Mats for Prints and The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Today I will be working on cutting mats (and not fingers) for the 21 prints I am putting in the show. But I had to delay going off to work this morning to finish the most amazing book by Alice Hoffman, THE DOVEKEEPERS. Absolutely breathtaking though grimly moving and unsettling at times, I am glad I finished it this morning for the ending is healing in the incomplete way that all healing can be in the face of unspeakable horrors.

I raced through the pages to finish, letting her artistry carry me into and through the storyline as if I were standing right there in the desert winds. Now I look forward to returning to savor the words and creative gifts she used in this powerful book.

May we continue to have the courage to be loving towards each other, to nurture peace in our world and to be grateful for the beauty and grace we can find no matter what our circumstances may be. May we continue to celebrate the storytellers and artists in our midst who can take the human experience and lift it into the universal.

the Dovekeepers webpage 

No comments:

Post a Comment